11.06.2009

SEPTA.

SEPTA is striking. Again.

This only slightly inconveniences my life -- it makes life a lot more difficult for hundreds of thousands of others. And for what? So that their lives could get cushier.

That's right. They are withholding transportation from workers who could get fired for being late to work, who can't afford to drive in every day... so that they could get more benefits.

Thank you, SEPTA, for reminding me of how utterly pointless a union is these days.

I believe this op-ed basically describes how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Not only that, but the longer they strike, the more money SEPTA will lose from not receiving fares, which will inevitably result in a fare hike. So the people get double screwed, while the bus drivers get 5 years of job insurance.

    Too bad it's not like the taxi strike in NY from a few years back. Nobody gave a crap besides the incredibly wealthy who could afford to take a cab everywhere, and everyone else was happy that traffic let up because the glut of cabs were off the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taxi strike: Hilarious. I only wish the SEPTA strike was so funny.

    Oh man, once fares go up... shit's going to get crazy. I mean, they're striking during a recession in one of the MEANEST cities. Once they go back to work, those bus drivers are going to be VERY unpopular. I just hope they have excellent health insurance.

    Who am I kidding? Of course they do.

    ReplyDelete