I am still in much pain. But since I'm running out of days I can take off from work, I am at the office.
At the office in much pain*.
What's helping me out, besides glancing at the clock every so often, is listening to Beck's Guerolito. It is a compliation of mixes of songs from his album, Guero, and I am a huge fan.
If you have the time (or are in need of a distraction from your severe physical pain) and have an imeem account, then you should probably listen.
*Oh god. The pain.
Edited to add: So my wonderful amazing I-owe-him-BIG boyfriend R is picking me up at work, after a distressing phone call about how much pain I was in. Talks of the hospital were brought up, then thought better of.
The worst part about this whole thing (yes, worse than the horrible pain) is the lies. Here is the thing: I do not have a broken hip, as I have been telling my friends and coworkers. I don't even technically have an injury (if we are thinking of it in terms of something caused by exercise or accident). However, I am not faking the pain: it is incredibly painful to walk, sit down, etc. ... and the reasons for that are too embarassing to mention. But since I am clearly walking around the office very slowly and with a limp and having difficulty sitting down/getting up, people ask out of concern, and I am left with no choice but to keep this lie going. I have really awesome coworkers coming up to me and telling me to stay seated and call them if I need anything. And I just have to keep lying to them. And even though it doesn't matter, since I'm not lying about the pain -- the fact is that I'm actually-factually hurt and it really shouldn't matter why... I really hate it.
11.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment