I started taking Zoloft two days ago.
Happier, maybe. Definitely more nauseous.
On a related note (if you catch my drift), I have made myself almost completely Google-search free. I had actually done it years* ago, but having acquired new profiles since, I had forgotten that they're not automatically private. So after having an Et Tu, LinkedIn? moment, I had to run through the motions again.
The links you'll find are my LinkedIn and Picasa** profiles (which I have recently disabled, so all you'll find are dead links for now... I'm hoping there'll be a data refresh soon and those links will disappear entirely); some nonsense from Picasa and Pandora; and some remnants of my teaching past, which should be easy to get rid of since I don't work there anymore.
*For those of you not in the know, a few years ago my father Googled my name, found my e-mail address and e-mailed me. This confused and angered me, and I proceeded to turn green and muscular and run rampant in the city of Manhattan, killing people and destroying property. And overusing the word and. It was horrible.
I'd rather not go into the whys, but I became rather obsessed with decreasing my virtual footprint. Hence why most of my internet profiles have no personal information about me, and the few that do are not Google-searchable. I also stopped the habit of doing stupid things, like putting my phone number and address on my Facebook profile. I sometimes freak out about things like my birthday and current city being on Facebook, and constantly consider getting rid of them. Hell, I sometimes freak out about my last name being on Facebook. Hence, the Zoloft. We have come full circle, people.
**If you want to find my Japan album again, you can find it here: http://picasaweb.google.com/need.a.strawman. Look at me, I'm clever.
11.18.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment