7.01.2009

A testament to my sheer awesomeness.

I always set my morning alarm an hour before I have to be out the door to get the train -- and an hour is usually just enough time for me to have breakfast, check my e-mail, shower, and get dressed at a leisurely pace. Sit down, blog, and let me tell you about my morning today, and why it was different from other mornings:

- I forgot to set my alarm, so I accidentally slept in an extra 10 minutes.
- I decided on making an involved breakfast of sautéed veggies and eggs over-easy, as opposed to my usual cold cereal and milk. Despite my waking up late. Because I am an idiot.
- While making this time-consuming breakfast, I broke a bowl and had to clean up the pieces with paper towels, because we don't have a broom.
- I had to write the rent check this morning because I forgot to last night, taking up more time out of my morning. Just two minutes of my time, but this was not the morning where I could spare two minutes.

- And the best part: There was a rabid possum on the stairway that led to the gate which exits our building. The thing looked pissed, and it wouldn't leave. Another morning commuter was there, and he tried throwing a rock at it and poking it with a long stick, but it wouldn't even move. It just kept glaring at us. I was already running late, but I made the last minute decision that Late To Work > Rabies, so I took the way around the building, which added two minutes to my walk to the train.

And somehow, I managed to catch the train. Sure, I was disgruntled from the morning's events and sweaty from the morning's pleasant run-in-work-clothes to the train, but I made it to work on time and that's the important part.

Behold my awesomeness!


...Okay, so what, if the train was a few minutes late?

On an unrelated note, I think I might have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment