I have been away. Well, not away away, but just the kind of away that has kept me from blogging.
However, things have been moving forward, though this blog has not. R takes the bar exam next week and I am hopeful, but concerned. I have discovered that I love blueberries and that making arroz con pollo doesn't have to be difficult to be delicious. I have surgery in less than a month and I am terrified. I am going to Miami in about a month and I am excited. I am going to make bacon cookies for Dr. Ballon's birthday in a little over a month and I am excited about that, too. I have not been able to sleep well for the past few weeks. I have been more anxious than usual, constantly worrying about everything. I quit smoking about a year ago and I still haven't found a good substitute. I have decided that I'm not going to deal with friends on Facebook who frequently take quizzes that give them answers to questions they already know (Are You Fat? Are You Male Or Female? Are You Straight Or Gay? and other such atrocities), nor am I going to deal with people who take quizzes describing exactly the way in which they like their sex, or who constantly wax poetic about how much they love their significant other. I have lost some weight. I eat more vegetables. I have been paying down my massive debts like a fiend. I still love my job. I still love my cats. I still love my boyfriend. I still love my life. But I have become to depressed and too anxious to deal with putting up pictures on Picasa, and without pictures I have no blog, hence, no blogging. When all is said and done, my heart is doing fine. R and I are working our way towards giving up beef. I am working on learning how to cook fish. My blood pressure is high, which lead to a prescription of a "water pill" (flushes out water/salt), which lead to an unnatural craving for salt, which lead to destructive behavior such as sprinking extra salt on salty crackers, thus negating the good that the pill did. I am better about that, now.
In short, everything is peachy keen, except all the crap inside my head.
7.22.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment