Just Wachovia. It's a simple savings account, the point was that it took nine months for me to make enough money to be able to put enough away (there's a monthly fee that can be waived so long as you keep the amount of money in there above a certain amount).
I remember when I re-opened my savings account, a few months after getting my job and my first substantial tax rebate. It certainly was exciting! I opted for ING Direct, because it is online only, and they make it difficult for you to touch your money. I also set up a direct deposit system which automatically moves a certain amount from my checking (currently at TD Bank) to my savings every 2 weeks (every paycheck).
That's so awesome! -- I really was considering doing both an account that's difficult to touch and a monthly deposit into it, but I think I am going to wait it out until R gets a job, since it's possible I might have to dig into that account if things get tough.
I am totally going to ask you for advice on that once I am stable enough to start saving money that can be outside of arm's reach.
Nice. With whom?
ReplyDeleteJust Wachovia. It's a simple savings account, the point was that it took nine months for me to make enough money to be able to put enough away (there's a monthly fee that can be waived so long as you keep the amount of money in there above a certain amount).
ReplyDeleteI remember when I re-opened my savings account, a few months after getting my job and my first substantial tax rebate. It certainly was exciting! I opted for ING Direct, because it is online only, and they make it difficult for you to touch your money. I also set up a direct deposit system which automatically moves a certain amount from my checking (currently at TD Bank) to my savings every 2 weeks (every paycheck).
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome! -- I really was considering doing both an account that's difficult to touch and a monthly deposit into it, but I think I am going to wait it out until R gets a job, since it's possible I might have to dig into that account if things get tough.
ReplyDeleteI am totally going to ask you for advice on that once I am stable enough to start saving money that can be outside of arm's reach.