I always like my birthdays, because I use it as a day to guilt people by connecting every responsibility I have with the question "...on my birthday?" There is usually a groan and a face attached to that, too.
I.e., I have to go to a Microsoft Office 2007 seminar today? On my birthday? *groan*
It is a good time for me, and probably a good time for everyone else because my guilt-trip never works. It just makes people laugh. I'm not here to make you laugh, people, I'm here to make you feel bad about yourselves.
That being said, this is probably the best birthday I've ever had because right now I'm in a place where I couldn't be happier. My life has been getting progressively better since going to graduate school, and thus, so have my birthdays. I am super happy with my relationship and my job. I have awesome friends and awesome cats. I am working on being a healthier person and I'm actually acquiring some hobbies! Namely, cooking and photography.
This isn't to say that it can't be better. That I can't be better. But frankly, through college my life felt hopeless. NO LONGER!
Anyway, I am seriously behind on the blog front, but after this weekend (hooray, Medieval Times!) I will be much better. Look forward to hearing about and seeing pictures of knights, NYC, scallion pancakes, pork belly, friends, and probably some stupid cat antics.
And have an awesome weekend. I know I will.
6.19.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment