6.03.2009

Adventures in Cardiology & Juneteenth

I had my cardiology appointment yesterday. Dr. Berger, the cardiologist (not as fun a word), heard what I had to say and despite the fact that I didn't have an extra copy of the sleep study results for him (whoops) said that I was probably okay. However, as a doctor, he was still compelled to order a plethora of tests:

- Thyroid and Cholesterol check (i.e., bloodwork). Thankfully I got this done in the office that day. I'm kind of glad -- these tests are sort of a long time coming.
- Echocardiogram. Blah.
- Stress Echocardiogram. Blah.
- Heart monitoring. Basically I'm going to get a heart monitor in the mail and I'm going to have to do some stuff with it. I don't know, I stopped paying attention after hearing that I have to schedule two types of Echocardiograms on two separate days with Dr. I-Don't-Work-Evenings.

(By the way, he's still a great doctor, really thorough, smart, etc. But having limited hours is a huge thing for me.)

The other point of interest here is my celebration of Juneteenth which, in smaller circles, is also known as my birthday. As of late, I've changed the focus of my birthday from Getting All My Friends Together For A Party to the more vague Doing Something I've Always Wanted To Do, mostly because the former usually becomes a tiresome and frustrating adventure into the world of logistics.

So this year, I'm going to do two things that I have never done before: eat a whole lobster and go to Medieval Times. The former I'm hoping to accomplish in the form of a romantic date type thing with R when we go to Atlantic City (as a promise we made to each other some days ago to do more stuff). This will probably take place the weekend before. The latter I have been wanting to go to since I first heard of it, in the form of a wooden sword that I fake-seppuku'ed with after making crappy pancakes (don't ask).

So apparently, as an add-on to the base price, Medieval Times has different packages that you can buy:

Kings Royalty Package. Package includes guaranteed seating in the first-row of any section or second-row, center section, "Behind the Scenes" DVD, entrance group photo, Knights cheering banner, and commemorative program for each member of the party! Only $20.00 additional per person.

The Royalty Package. Package includes preferred seating, Knights cheering banner, "Behind the Scenes" DVD, and commemorative program for each member of the party! Only $10.00 additional per person.

Celebration Package. Package includes preferred seating, slice of cake, framed group photo, "Behind the Scenes" DVD, Knights cheering banner, and commemorative program for each member of the party! Only $16.00 additional per person.

I am really considering the Celebration Package, if only for the cake and the framed group photo (so far, the "group" is just me, R, and Dr. B -- but it's worth it!).


In addition to all of this, I'm planning to have some serious dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you've been wanting to go to MT since the pancakes video! I've got a VHS copy of that lying around somewhere. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you still have that?

    And yeah, my eyes totally lit up when you told me about Medieval Times! I just never really had the money/time/ride to go at the time, and this was followed by years of me only remembering about it when I was broke.

    ReplyDelete