These are all I ideas that I have hanging out in the back of my mind, and whether I actually go through with them or not, I'm not sure.
Tattoo: Swedish Pirate Party logo
Why?: Not only do I really like the design, but I agree with the freedom of information ideas that the Swedish Pirate Party stand for (at least, I agree that something has to change with the current system).
Why Not?: Location, location, location. Back of the ear might not be a good placement for employment purposes... however, anywhere else it would just look odd and out-of-place.
Tattoo: Cherry Blossom branch. The image posted is just an idea -- it isn't exactly the design I
want. I like lighter-colored blossoms, I don't like them to be too big, and I definitely want the actual branch to play more of a prominent role. Some good examples of designs I found here, here, here, and here.
Location: Right upper back or... (see Why Not?)
Why?: I have become a huge fan of everything Japan -- the culture, the art, the food, the history -- since college, and the cherry blossom is one of the traditional Japanese art motifs that appeal to me the most. I just think it's beautiful.
Why Not?: There really isn't a reason why I wouldn't get the cherry blossom branch -- in fact, it's likely what I'm going to get next. The reason I'm a little hesitant is that this might be a good starting point to make a half-sleeve or back project (of Japanese art in general). However, even though I like that stuff in theory, in practice it always comes out looking... too busy. Not really elegant. In either case, I would need to sit down and really plan this with an artist, which I've never done (always came in with a plan and a set design for them to trace) and I'm too nervous to.
Tattoo: The Dark Tower (from The Dark Tower ... yeah, I'm obnoxious). This wouldn't be
what it would look like. It would be a field of roses and the tower shooting up -- no clouds. Maaaybe I'll keep the sunset, but probably not.
Location: Full-on back project. The field of flowers would span my hips and the tower would shoot up until the tip hit my upper back.
Why?: C'mon. 'Cause it'd be awesome.
Why Not?: Besides the fact that I already have another Dark Tower tattoo, the project itself would be a little bit... not busy enough. I would want it to separate itself from my upper back tattoo(s, if I get the Cherry Blossom), and I wouldn't want all that dead space around as the tower goes up. Hm, maybe I should keep the clouds. This is the least likely of all the projects -- just a nice dream.
Location: Right upper back or... (see Why Not?)
Why?: I have become a huge fan of everything Japan -- the culture, the art, the food, the history -- since college, and the cherry blossom is one of the traditional Japanese art motifs that appeal to me the most. I just think it's beautiful.
Why Not?: There really isn't a reason why I wouldn't get the cherry blossom branch -- in fact, it's likely what I'm going to get next. The reason I'm a little hesitant is that this might be a good starting point to make a half-sleeve or back project (of Japanese art in general). However, even though I like that stuff in theory, in practice it always comes out looking... too busy. Not really elegant. In either case, I would need to sit down and really plan this with an artist, which I've never done (always came in with a plan and a set design for them to trace) and I'm too nervous to.
Tattoo: The Dark Tower (from The Dark Tower ... yeah, I'm obnoxious). This wouldn't be
Location: Full-on back project. The field of flowers would span my hips and the tower would shoot up until the tip hit my upper back.
Why?: C'mon. 'Cause it'd be awesome.
Why Not?: Besides the fact that I already have another Dark Tower tattoo, the project itself would be a little bit... not busy enough. I would want it to separate itself from my upper back tattoo(s, if I get the Cherry Blossom), and I wouldn't want all that dead space around as the tower goes up. Hm, maybe I should keep the clouds. This is the least likely of all the projects -- just a nice dream.
Tattoo: TOOL sleeve. Okay, THIS is the least likely of all the projects. The idea essentially is to
Location: Left arm, starting at the shoulder and ending right before the elbow bend.
Why?: Again, awesome.
Why Not?: I did not have this design in mind when I got my first TOOL eye, so it's much too big -- if I wanted to keep all the eyes to the same scale, it'd be disasterous. Plan your tattoos out in advance, kids! Also, I'm not sure if there's an Undertow eye I could use and I'm doing all or nothing here.
Tattoo: Mandelbrot and/or Julia set. Or some subset thereof. Something fractal, in other words. If you click the Wikipedia links you'll get good images.
Location: Depending on which set, right upper back and left leg might be good. Or hip. You know, I really don't know where this would go.
Why?: Complex dynamics is my favorite field and if I ever go back to school to get my Ph.D., fractal dynamics and geometry are definitely going to be my fields of study. I can't explain it, but there's something really neat about it being both beautiful and mathematical.
Why Not?: Too intricate. It'd be really easy to screw it up and make it look messy, and I just don't want to take that risk unless I find an artist I am truly confident in.
So, that's this list as it stands right now. These are my best ideas -- meaning that I had a bunch of really shitty ones that I discarded after a month. Like my whole Celtic tattoo phase.
*shudder*
No comments:
Post a Comment