5.07.2009

I should've stayed in bed.

Ever had one of those days that start off bad and you just know that it's not going to get any better?

Let me break it down for you.

1. I don't feel like I got good sleep last night, I've been tired and sleepy all day.
2. My commute was super cramped (the express train and the regular train merged today for some reason, so two sets of commuters in one train) and felt like never-ending, although it was cut one station short because of a medical emergency.
3. So I had to walk 15 extra minutes to get to work. This, in itself, is an okay thing, but it made me late for work.
4. The office is COLD.
5. I fucked up on an assignment at work today, basically because I didn't know enough about Microsoft Access, and had to send several e-mails to the people I'm working with on the assignment to let them know that a) I fucked up and b) I'm going to fix it. So, somewhere in this building there's a team of people who think I'm an incompetent idiot.
6. This wouldn't be a big deal, except my boss, who took the day off from work today, sent me an e-mail from his Blackberry to tell me that I fucked up. So, my BOSS thinks I'm an idiot, too.
7. All of this stress, coupled with a diet that I'm starting to think is way too restrictive (several calorie counters agree), made me feel hungry and depressed to the point where I had not only a slice of zucchini bread but also a whole Tastycake Chocolate Junior thing, along with my usual lunch (turkey sandwich + banana). And I'm still hungry. This makes me feel even worse.
8. I finally called the cardiologist and guess what? He only has morning appointments, the first being at 8:30. The only day he has afternoon appointments is on Tuesday (the day that I have a weekly afternoon project meeting) and the last one is at 3 pm. NO late night appointments. Who the fuck is this guy? I'm going to try to do a leave-early-today-stay-late-tomorrow doodad. But the fact that I'm missing the meeting is going to make it look worse than it is.

And it's not even one o'clock yet.

So, I'm seriously tempted to just take the rest of the day off from work and go home, since at least it'll stop the day from getting any worse. How could my day possibly get worse if I'm in my aparment, covered in blankets with my cats, eating a magical grilled cheese sandwich (I say magical because I don't have the ingredients to make one at home, but I REALLY want one) and watching Arrested Development with my boyfriend? HOW?

4 comments:

  1. Dude #2 and 3 happened to me this morning too! Except I sat on the train for 30 minutes without moving, and had to get off 2 stops early. Eerie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That is super weird. Thankfully, we only had to sit for about 10 - 15 minutes before the announcement that it was a medical emergency and they were going to keep the train in the station to wait for medical assistance.

    But seriously. It's like our lives are psychically linked. GASP! Maybe I'll somehow end up in Tokyo tomorrow, too!

    PS: I know you're going to have a great time in Japan so I'm not going to wish you a great time. I am, however, going to wish you a great flight. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any idea how many of my coworkers fuck up, not realize they fucked up, and not give a shit when they find out? You took all the right post-fuck-up steps. that says a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, it's true, I'm sure lots of people in my position wouldn't bother fixing it. But it does take a lot of courage to send an e-mail to a group of people who barely know you about a fuck up without including the phrase "If you got to know me, you'd realize that I'm not stupid -- honest!"

    ReplyDelete