4.23.2009

Where exactly is the online support?

Reading weight loss forums is discouraging.

It's mostly people scared out of their minds, saying things like, "I've been dieting for two weeks and last night I got depressed and hungry and went out and had a burger and fries! I'm DOOMED! I'll NEVER lose weight now!" This thread is followed by thousands of comments from other members, basically, saying "OH SHIT, you ate a BURGER?! With FRIES?! You'll NEVER lose weight EVER AGAIN!"

I can't imagine weight loss is that harsh. My delicate psyche can't take that kind of obsession.

5 comments:

  1. I bet it's a bunch of skinny people writing the "OMG you're doomed" comments. lol.

    Come to think of it, that sounds like fun. I may now have a new hobby. I'm gonna go to all kinds of forums and discourage people from their goals. YAAAY =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J: I support your decision, not really because I inherently enjoy discouraging people, but because they should know better than to go to open forums full of idiots for support. You should really target the American Idol types, though. Dash their hopes so early that they won't even try out, and maybe that show will be shut down for good.

    Dr. B: I'm wondering if you wrote it grammatically correct the first time. Man, I wish that show would have new episodes.

    ReplyDelete