10.21.2009

Swearing In.

Today is post day. Watch me post!
Anyway, I did a better photo job at R's swearing-in ceremony than I did at his graduation, mostly thanks to his camera. The picture below is one shred of evidence (the rest you'll probably see on up Facebook at some point). It was taken while they were literally being sworn in by the judge. It's hard to tell which one's R, so I am pointing him out in the most annoying color.

Seriously, if you zoom in enough, you can see his ring.

We stuck around after the ceremony, since they were offering a catered social dealie. As you can imagine, I wasn't there to mingle.

Seriously, the food was awesome. I ate until I was stuffed: orzo salad, humongous shrimp, crab claws, sweet awesome wonderful crab meat (the clear winner of the night), roasted vegetables, mozzerella cheese, rose wine, etc.


"I could get used to this," I told R as I kept shoveling the best free food I've ever had into my mouth.


By the time we left, I was already going through what R called "severe crab withdrawal."

A funny thing did happen, though. While I was at the drink table, waiting to get served some Diet Coke, a girl touched my arm. "Excuse me, are you R's girlfriend?" She quickly apologized, no doubt as a reaction to the fear in my face. "I'm sorry, I see the pictures that R puts up of you on Facebook and I thought That must be her, so I just wanted to say hi." Once we got past that creepy-stalker moment, I discovered that she's actually a really nice person and we had a good talk. She even complimented me on some of the photos I took of R!

So, it was a good night. Congrats to R and all of the newly sworn in lawyers, who probably still haven't found jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment