8.11.2009

An open letter.

Dear Girl on Train,

God, you are so cool. You must be the coolest person on this train. Your Survivor t-shirt and gym shorts proclaim an obvious message to everyone on the train: that you are competitive, and sporty, and just so freakin' cool.

Wait, is that a can of Red Bull next to you? Oh, who am I kidding -- of course it is! A super cool and sporty person like you needs their energy.

Oh, and mid-way through the ride, when you pulled out your MacBook and started typing what I'm sure was something totally awesome? I totally wanted to be your best friend. Let me tell you, those square, thick-rimmed glasses that you took out for your five minutes of computer use (because cool people who type totally awesome things need to watch their vision, even if it's for five minutes) -- those things were stylish.

And let's not forget cool.

Gosh, no wonder you and your stuff shamelessly took up two seats on the fullest ride of the morning, leaving other morning commuters to stand.

Because you deserve it.

Love,
J.

2 comments:

  1. I make a conscious effort to request seats taken up or blocked off by rude passengers (on full trains). If there are two seats without people in them and one has a purse, I'm frikkin' taking the one with the purse.

    If the offender doesn't move eir stuff, e'll wish I were not as heavy. But that's never happened. The offender usually guiltily acquiesces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I do the same thing. Because, you know, human being >>> their shit.

    Although, R once told me that he was on a full, full train, and there was one girl who was taking up THREE seats -- one for her, two for her shopping bags. An older lady who was standing said "Excuse me" so she could sit down, and the girl snottily replied "There's no room".

    So the lady said, without skipping a beat, "Yes there is, I'll help you move your stuff" and picked up the girl's shopping bags and dropped them on her lap and took one of the seats, letting someone else take the other.

    I wish I was there, I would've totally given that lady a high five.

    ReplyDelete